|Required experience||4+ years as a 3D artist|
|Blank Canvas office||Milan / Bologna|
About Blank Canvas Studios
We’re one of Australia’s leading architectural visualisation studios, with teams in Sydney and Perth.
We’re also part of Vection Technologies, a dynamic global business striving to revolutionise the world of real-time VR and XR.
We strive to create emotional connections between people and places yet to be realised. This means that beyond the faithful representation of beautiful architecture, we seek to convey feelings and moods with every image.
We’re now looking to expand into Italy; to build an extension of Australian team, with Senior and Junior 3D artists who are as passionate as we are.
Headquartered in scenic Cassano d’Adda, Italy, with direct connectivity to Milan, Blank Canvas Italy (BCIT) will be our new creative hub in Europe, offering 3D artists the opportunity to work on iconic local, and international projects – from Australia, the US, the UK and the Middle East.
We’ll also be working closely with the Vection VR development team to bring still our arch viz images and animation to life in immersive, photo-realistic virtual reality.
You’re a passionate, self-motivated, senior 3D artist that strives to improve every day.
Inspired by design and architecture, you love to bring project visions and design intent to life through your imagery.
You enjoy working with other artists in a team-based workflow approach, learning and developing organically through collaboration.
You love taking your time when a project requires meticulous crafting, but you can also work quickly and efficiently during busy periods.
More than anything, you take pride in your work because every little detail matters.
This role demands strong knowledge across all creative and technical areas of image production. We’re looking passionate artists who are self-motivated but equally to be part of a collaborative team environment.
Required creative and technical skills and experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in architectural 3D visualisation
- Degree or background in interior design or architecture is preferable with highly developed interior styling sensibility
- Highly proficient in 3D modelling, texturing, lighting and landscape detail
- Extensive experience and advanced usage of 3Ds Max and Corona Renderer and other 3D modelling and Rendering package being a bonus
- Broad understanding of commonly used software, plugins and scripts such as Marvelous Designer, Substance, RailClone, ForestPack etc is a big advantage
- Highly proficient use of post-production and graphics software such as Photoshop, AfterEffects and other Adobe Creative Cloud tools.
- Highly capable when it comes to web-based project management and workflow, using platforms like Dropbox among others
- Sound understanding of technical processes across full production pipeline
- Experience working within a team-based workflow across multiple projects and images at once.
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to initiative to solve problems using initiative
- Open to helping mentor and develop the junior artists within the team
Required human qualities!
- Proficiency in English – written and verbal communication
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player – understanding and embracing your role with the team and workflow
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding time management skills
- Friendly and easy-going
Please send your best work and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Blank Canvas – Senior Artist (Italy EOI) and indicate your preferred city – Milan / Bologna.