|Required experience||6+ years as a 3D artist|
|Blank Canvas office||Perth or Sydney|
We’re one of Australia’s leading architectural visualisation studios, with teams in Sydney and Perth.
We’re also a values driven company and we take pride in living them every day.
We strive to create emotional connections between people and places yet to be realised. This means that beyond the faithful representation of beautiful architecture, we seek to convey feelings and moods with every image.
We’re looking to grow our team with a Senior Artist Level III – with a lean towards (and passion for) interiors, to be based in our Perth studio.
You’re a passionate, self-motivated, senior 3D artist that strives to improve every day. Ideally you’ll have a leaning towards interiors in both ability and passion.
Inspired by interior design and architecture, you love to bring project visions and design intent to life through your imagery.
You enjoy working with other artists in a team-based workflow approach, learning and developing organically through collaboration.
You love taking your time when a project requires meticulous crafting, but you can also work quickly and efficiently during busy periods.
More than anything, you take pride in your work because every little detail matters.
About the role
The Artist Level III is a core creative and technical role within the studio.
You will work within a team to assist in the production of high-end imagery, animations and visual content to the exceptional level of quality Blank Canvas is renowned for.
This role demands strong knowledge across all creative and technical areas of image production. We’re looking for a senior person able to work autonomously, but within a collaborative team environment.
Required creative and technical skills and experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in architectural 3D visualisation
- Degree or background in interior design or architecture is preferable with highly developed interior styling sensibility
- Highly proficient in 3D modelling, texturing, lighting and landscape detail
- Extensive experience and advanced usage of 3Ds Max and Corona Renderer and other 3D modelling and Rendering package being a bonus
- Broad understanding of commonly used software, plugins and scripts such as Marvelous Designer, Substance, RailClone, ForestPack etc is a big advantage
- Highly proficient use of post-production and graphics software such as Photoshop, AfterEffects and other Adobe Creative Cloud tools.
- Highly capable when it comes to web-based project management and workflow, using platforms like Dropbox among others
- Sound understanding of technical processes across full production pipeline
- Experience working within a team-based workflow across multiple projects and images at once.
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to initiative to solve problems using initiative
- Open to helping mentor and develop the junior artists within the team
Required human qualities!
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player – understanding and embracing your role with the team and workflow
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding time management skills
- Friendly and easygoing
Please forward your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org